Smart apply is intended to be our all in one apply / conversion system.
By default it is intended to apply all modifiers except the following:
- last bevel
- weighted normal
- last mirror if more than 1 mirror mod is present
This is an expansion on the csharpen workflow and its separation from sharpen.
Locating Smart Apply
Smart Apply in action
In the below example I use hopstool w/ smart box to add a dynamic box containing many modifiers.
To apply this using ctrl + A >> Visual Geometry to mesh would apply more modifiers than desired.
As in creating custom normals that will reflect on the next cut.
Also ctrl + clicking Sharpen (csharp) will not apply the mods necessary to result in a usable object since it is optimized for boolean application primarily.
Smart apply is capable of giving us the result we want.
last bevel and weighted normal left upapplied making it optimal for more boolean work.
Smart Apply Ctrl + click
Ctrl + click smart apply will convert to curve.
Smart Apply Advanced
- LMB - General Smart Apply
- CTRL - Convert to curve and expand (2d meshes only)
- SHIFT - Smart apply (remove leftover mods after apply)
- useful for face extractions
- removes the leftover mods that are left behind
- ALT - classic step
- WEIGHT Workflow
- applies current bevel
- unmarks bevel weighted edges
- adds new bevel at half without marking
- ANGLE Workflow
- adds new bevel at half of previous bevel
- applies nothing
- only adds new bevel